Currently listening to...

Thursday 22 May 2008

My home where my heart lies...

I miss my home. Malaysia. The most beautiful country in my heart. The place where I was born, grew up, and spend the best times of my youth which I think was great. Don't you think so?

My home.

Its been said that many of the Malaysians are migrating off to other countries in search of a better life but I think that's just like avoiding responsibility. I will not say much here about the politics in this country as I admit that I have insufficient knowledge to criticize or comment about it but I do know that the Malaysian government needs to change the way it handles the country. There are certain things that are pretty obvious to the Malaysian nation but nothing or nobody has tried to change it.

Malaysia boast to be a peaceful multi-racial country but is that true? One thing that I realized recently is that I do not many friends of different races in Malaysia and I am terribly ashamed of that. Truly I am. After spending almost a year overseas, I have experienced many things and realized that no matter where I was, in my heart was only one place, my home. Yes, we may not have the most advanced technology in our country, we don't have a proper systematic government, but we do have something other countries do not have, our culture and we should be proud of it. We are unique, we are different, we are who we are.

Multi-racial but are we peaceful? (Photo from the Malaysian Tourism website)

I wouldn't label myself as a very patriotic person but I do know the deep love lying deep in my heart for my country. I can't let go of the memories I had there. I truly cannot stop saying that I love my country.

I believe in change whereby one person can make a difference. I feel that the mindset of Malaysians are now divided and we need to change that first before changing anything else in the country. As the phrase states, United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Our country has the best range of food, probably in the world, lush rain forest, beautiful islands and beaches which we can be proud to mention to the world. The first step of what we can do is to be proud of the good things we have instead of listing down all the flaws of our country. So be proud!

Gawd, I miss it.

During a visit at kennysia.com, I spotted a post on the Malaysian Artistes for Unity which has produced a nice song titled Here in my home. This song touched me with the meanings only a true Malaysian would know. You can view a music video of them after this jump.



Optionally you can download the music in mp3, karaoke or in video for free here. Yes. For free. Great yeah? hehe =) (Typical Malaysian). Try singing it along. It feels great. For the readers of my blog, spread it around and we shall change the country we love, one pace at a time, yeah?

Miss you guys.

Till then, Malaysia Boleh! (Seriously gotta change that slogan =P)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god, you saved some of my time in searching for that song, it was played very frequently on Hitz.fm for the past 2 weeks and I liked the song a lot too!

anyway, r u doing an assignment to write about your country just like the old time during high school? :P

Clement Yee said...

No prob for the song and no not like an assignment. Just how I felt about my home. Miss it a lot. >.<

Anonymous said...

Its not Malaysia and its political system that needs to change , its 90% of the countries in SE Asia . These countries have political groups trying to hang on to power at all costs , won't allow opposition parties , and in the view of a lot of people are incompetent and outdated. The best examples are Singapore and Malayasia , the so called most developed .
All we have to do is wait and watch , time will be the proof . And if the populations don't take things into their own hands , they will suffer.